Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 6 - Digital Colors

Digital Color plays a cruicial role in the advertising buisiness. In order to attract customers, an advertisement add is very important; especially the colors used in it. Bright colors will usually attract more customers than dull dark colors. Bright colors just stand out to the human eye. For website advertisements I plan on using the RGB pallet. RGB stands for Red Green and Blue which are the primary colors in the color chart. RGB is generally used in the online world because it is used by monitors, laptops, and all forms of computers. For printed advertisements such as posters and photographs, I will use the CMYK pallet because it is the pallet that is best compatible with printers. For both types of advertisements: hue, saturation, and brightness contribute to the quality of the picture. The hue denotes the pure color. The saturation determines the amount of pure color being used (usually makes things brighter). The brightness determines the amount of color that radiates or reflects from the image. It is important to play around with all of these different effects because that is what will make a picture stronger.

1 comment:

PaulinaCuevas said...

OMG! I hate bugss! I am from Puerto Rico and I would buy a life time supply of this product, not even kidding! the humidity brings out the worst in me, specially with the all the bugs bothering me! aghh! About the bright colors, love the idea. I studied marketing and for a fact the bright colors will sell more, just remember it is a repellent though so try using like red or orange. Those colors are bright and send the message unconsciously as well! Good luck!! hope to have a bug free summer!